We are delighted to announce that our Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder, Phil Higgins, has been voted onto the BALPPA Management Committee.
BALPPA (The British Association of Leisure Parks, Piers and Attractions) is a non profit-making trade association representing over 300 members of the UK’s visitor attractions sector. The principal aims of BALPPA is to:
- Represent the need and concerns of the industry to the Government, policy-makers and influencers
- Promote safe practice throughout the industry
- Promote and defend the interests of the industry
- Provide members with advice, information and services to encourage best practice within the industry
- Support the sharing of ideas, professionalism and profitability through networking, sector sub groups meetings and an online forum
- Act as an authoritative source of information concerning the industry to media and other opinion formers
BALPPA’s Strategic Direction
As part of his new role, Phil will be working alongside the rest of the Management Committee to drive forward the strategic direction of BALPPA.
Speaking on the announcement, Phil said: “I am thankful to members for voting for me to join BALPPA’s Management Committee. I am looking forward to playing an active role in the strategic direction of the association and sharing my knowledge, experience and creativity with industry peers.”
This year, Phil is also celebrating the 20th birthday of Katapult, after he co-founded the company in 2001 with Dawn Foote. As Chief Creative Officer, Phil’s role is to provide creative vision, innovative experience design and drive strategic partnerships around the world.