Theming & Design Development
JOB SUMMARY AND REQUIREMENTS
Katapult are expanding the team. We have an array of exciting projects underway and looking for a theming and design development specialist to join team in creating and delivering, amazing guest experiences across the globe. We are looking for someone who will work along side existing team to create or take existing theming concepts through to schematic and detailed designs.
You will develop a deep understanding of the IPs with whom we work and specify themed environments that immerse and amaze guests.
You are able to clearly understand clients’ requirements and methodical in your working, with a very high attention to detail. With both a creative and technical mind, you’re a tinkerer that is able to problem solve. Your continuous curiosity and industry knowledge will guide your approach and skillset.
You enjoy working on projects from conception to completion and working within project team’s.
- Full-time, permanent role with flexible working arrangement
- Reporting to: Chief Creative Officer
- Location: Derby
- Theming design, creating schematic and detailed design drawings for client sign off and contractor handover.
- Working with Concept Artists, 3D Designers and Project Producers throughout the design phase.
- Liaising with external contractors and architects to understand design requirements of an attraction or visitor space.
- Document control of drawing submittals and proofs.
- Estimating time, IP asset management and QC.
- 2-4 years professional experience in a role with similar accountabilities.
- Ideally proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch Up, SolidWorks and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A degree or equivalent in Interior Design/Architectural Design would be beneficial.
- Ability to produce high quality detailed design drawings.
- Able to interpret briefs, architectural drawings, concept designs and sketches into build-able design drawings.
- Produce concept designs from client briefs and team brainstorms.
- Work effectively within a broader creative team.
- Skills with document control and drawing submittals.
- Willing to up-skill in areas beyond current expertise.
- Flexible working hours
- Open holiday
- Paid sickness
- Free fruit everyday
- Monthly team socials
- Professional development budget
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Onsite showers
- Great working environment
- Central, city centre location
- Bring your dog to work
How to apply
Submit your cv
Send us the following:
- CV and salary expectations
- A link to your portfolio
- Tell us about a project (personal or professional) you loved working on
- What would make you excited to come to work every day?
Please click the button below, or alternatively send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: March 29, 2019
NO AGENCIES AT THIS TIME PLEASE