Commercial and Operations Lead
JOB SUMMARY AND REQUIREMENTS
Results Focussed, Creativity, Relationships, Curiosity and Authenticity are core values of our business and needed to make ideas happen. We have an exciting opportunity for a great communicator, with strong commercial acumen and operational experience of a design company to join our wonderful team. You will also be an experienced project producer/lead who has many years experience working at the heart of delivering international projects for themed attractions and experiences.
We are looking for a team leader who thrives on supporting colleagues, is detail orientated, organised, strong communicator, creative and able to work on multiple projects. You will be working on ensuring effective delivery of international projects in the leisure and entertainment sector. This will involve bringing together various partners to ensure the creative vision for the project is delivered.
The projects range from tight turnaround design briefs through to full turnkey. It will come naturally to you to build great working relationships with our clients, team and suppliers which allows us to deliver results.
- Location: HQ Derby but with agile & remote working
- Salary Range – £50-60k
- Commercial Contracts Management & Negotiation
- Production and Resource Capacity Planning
- Business Change Management
- Project and Producing Team Leadership (LMA)
- Project Financial Management and Profitability
job summary and requirements (What you will do)
- Leads and manages business change processes
- Ensure that commercial interests and processes are upheld end to end, top to bottom
- Consistently monitors resource capacity and project schedules for overload and/or under-utilisation
- Supports ongoing staff training and serves as mentor where appropriate
- Supports in Client/IP-facing communications, especially around commercial requirements
- Serves as a Project Sponsor and/or Producer when appropriate
- Time split likely to be around 50% managing/overseeing/strategy and 50% ‘fee earning’ that can be through strategy, commercial input, project sponsor/producer role
- Supports “win work,” i.e., project development and new business efforts
- Develops solutions that produce business benefits
- Experience producing high-profile projects with international stakeholders.
- Experience of inputting on and drafting of commercial contracts.
- Able to manage project budgets with multiple currencies.
- Experience working with major international brand/IP clients
- Has produced award-winning projects
- Has existing relationships with industry contractors for fabrication, AVC systems, control programming, lighting integration, props fabrication, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Reports to CEO
- Oversees Project Producers, Finance Manager, and Insights Analysis
- Commercial coordination with Clients, Vendors, and brand/IP holders
- Liaises with 3rd parties (such as IP lawyers) for independent assurance
- Open Holiday
- Paid Sick
- Agile Working
- Working from home/studio/where ever!
- Option to bring your dog to work
- Access to wellbeing related activities
- Eyecare vouchers for free sight tests
- Use of eco friendly pool car
- Free Fruit baskets, tea, coffee, sugar (including filter coffee, decaff tea and coffee) are all provided
- Team Socials
- Pension scheme
- Bike to Work scheme
- Access to the BALPPA Discount Hub
Katapult design themed attractions and experiences that amaze and engage visitors globally. Our work is enjoyed by 50 million visitors, at 81 theme parks, in 18 different countries, every year. As well as increasing guest experience, we thrive on helping our clients generate more income, more fans and bring the vision for their attraction to life.
Our values are creativity, relationships, results-focused, authenticity and curiosity.
How to apply
Submit your cv
Apply by email to email@example.com or the application link below telling us the following:
- Why you’re our Commercial and Operations Lead
- Your Salary Expectation
- Tell us about a recent project you worked on which you made a commercial and operational impact
- CV and/or link to website/portfolio
Deadline for applications: October 24, 2021
NO AGENCIES AT THIS TIME PLEASE